Batch posting

A forum for all things related to Accounting.

Batch posting

Postby hinzinho » Wed May 13, 2009 11:29 am

Coming from the Deltek Sema4 application, this "batch posting" in Vision is something new to us. Sema4 allowed users to go back directly to the entries and make corrections. Now in vision we lost this capability.

Can someone explain how they are making corrections in Vision after the entries are posted? What happens when an entry been invoiced? How do you handle that?
hinzinho

Re: Batch posting

Postby stevestolz » Wed May 20, 2009 9:47 am

How a change is made after posting depends upon the type of transaction. I'm not an accounting guru, but you could contact Brenda Berry at CCG. She is a Sema4 expert and a Vision expert. Her email is Brenda.Berry@CentralConsultingGroup.com.
Steve Stolz
Central Consulting Group
Deltek Vision Electronic Invoicing
Deltek Vision Credit Card Reconciliation
Deltek Vision Billing Status Tracking
stevestolz

Postby hinzinho » Fri May 22, 2009 6:49 pm

thank you!
hinzinho

Postby lyndameyer » Wed May 27, 2009 3:03 pm

In Accounts Payble within Vision, you can Unpost a batch after it is posted. If you are unable to post the entire batch (let's say, if you have already paid an invoice that was in the batch); you can make changes to the original invoice by entering the invoice again (everything exactly the same, invoice number and date). You would then enter a line item to remove what is incorrect (exactly the same as it was entered) only with a negative dollar amount. On the next line, you would enter the transaction how it is supposed to be.

You can also unpost voided checks, journal entries, AR invoicing, etc... and make modifications to them and repost.

If you need any further help, feel free to give me a call or shoot me an email!

Lynda Meyer
Accounting Manager
Clark Nexsen
lmeyer@clarknexsen.com
757-961-7977
lyndameyer

Postby sikand » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:29 pm

Hi there
I would recommend used "Unpost Batch" only with 24 hours of the original post. It can be a problem. If you simply want to change an invoice, you can simply reverse the invoice and put everything back into WIP. Make sure you post each step in the process, original invoice (Post), reverse invoice (Post), re-issue invoice (Post). We reverse lots of invoices, but they are usually still here and have not been mailed to the customer. Of course there are those customers who send the invoices back and want them billed differently, i.e. two separate invoices or some other reason that seems important to them. The system handles these very well. Karen Luna, Sikand Engr.
sikand

Return to Accounting